Dental Implants in Surrey, BC
Dental Implants are artificial tooth roots made of titanium. These metal anchors act as tooth root substitutes. They are surgically placed into the jawbone. The bone bonds with the titanium, creating a strong foundation for artificial teeth. Dental implants can be used to replace a single lost tooth or many missing teeth. Implants also help preserve facial structure, preventing the bone deterioration, which occurs when teeth are missing.
Dental implants are the alternative to bridges or dentures. A well documented perspective on lost tooth replacement. Implants can be an excellent choice if a number of conditions are met like non smoking and good oral hygiene, regular maintenance by a professional, general health condition of the person and of course local factors.
BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
- Improves chewing efficiency – Dental implants allow the application of higher bite force when compared to dentures. Hence, patients with implants can chew better and more effectively. This will translate to food tasting better.
- No pain from dentures – Loose and ill-fitting dentures can cause ulcers and cuts into the gum tissue. Using implants, the denture can be secured and hence, preventing such painful daily experience.
- Anti-aging effect – The lost of teeth will lead a “sunken-in” appearance. Such an appearance is typically associated with aging. When patients replace their teeth, these teeth will support the lips and cheeks to eliminate the “sunken-in” appearance.
- Better health through better diet – Compromises in chewing efficiency will affect the choice of food in our daily diet. When chewing efficiency is affected, patients tend to favor soft food, which is high in sugar and fat content, and avoid fibrous or tougher food, which is high in protein and vitamins. Replacing teeth with dental implants will enable patients to have a more balanced diet through improvement in chewing efficiency.
- Improve self esteem and confidence – Missing teeth or loose dentures can negatively impact our patients’ self esteem and confidence. Patient with such problems tend to avoid smiling, speaking or engaging in social activities. However, with adequate replacement of teeth, patients can then confidently speak and smile without the fear of denture dropping midway through a conversation.
Book a Dental Implants Consultation with Your Surrey Dentist
If you have any questions about dental implants, please contact us at Floss Dental in Surrey – our team is here to help. To make an appointment, call us directly at 778-565-3368 or use our online form.